Pet Hospice For Northeast Morris, Passaic & Northwest Bergen Counties NJ
Once your pet has had all the necessary medical diagnostic testing, and you have had all the medical discussions with your regular veterinarian, Pet Hospice Care (PHC) will work with you and your pet’s health care provider to develop a plan to manage pain until the time comes for in-home euthanasia. This planning will be based on your pet’s needs and your family’s desires.
Our Services Include:
- Consultation and review of medical files, if indicated
- Patient evaluation
- Identifying your pet’s end-stage disease processes including what to watch for
- Quality of life measurements
- Pain recognition and management
- Plan for making the house/yard easier for your pet to get around
- Referrals for possible alternative or complementary therapy
- Nutritional and hydration evaluations with recommendations
- Bandage and wound care
- Implementation of a pet hospice care plan
- End of life preparation and decision-making
During our planning, our first goal is to create an open line of communication; therefore we will encourage you and your family members to ask questions. As the advocate for your pet, it is up to you to make decisions for creating an end of life plan that will allow for a peaceful and dignified passing. We understand that this is one of life’s most difficult times and we believe that making informed decisions is the best way to put your mind at ease.
For more information on pet hospice in the Northeast Morris, Passaic & Northwest Bergen Counties, NJ areas call Robert P. Gordon, D.V.M. , M.P.H. at (201) 405-0005!